Please consider that your reservation is only binding after you did a down payment. (10.-€/person/night bank account: Gruttenhütte AT36 3637 8000 0160 4016) Indicate the reservation number at the credit transfer and bring a transfer confirmation with you. If you already did a down payment, your reservation is binding.
Here is some important information about your stay:
Please transmit this information to your fellow hikers.
It’s not allowed to bring your own sleeping bad or hut sleeping bag. The alpine club prohibits loose blankets (corona) and our section prohibits normal sleeping bags, because they can’t be heated up in the microwave (bed bug introduction).
We beg you to bring your own fitted sheet, bed cover and cushion cover.
If you don’t want to bring your own, we can lend fitted sheet und bed cover for 5€ each and cushion cover for 3€.
Important: Please send us a Whats App or SMS on 0043 664 99878352 to reserve it in advance.
To sleep in our hut, you need eighter to be tested, vaccinated or recovered.
- Negative PCR test (validity: 24 hours)
- Negative antigen test
- Negative antigen self-test (validity: 24 hours)
- Antigen self-test on-site (validity: one-time entry)
- Vaccination (You have to bring an evidence)
- Recovery (People who were infected with SARS-CoV-2 are exempt from the test obligation half a year after the infection)
After it determined that there was a bedbug infestation in 2019, the whole hut was successfully treated. At the 21st of June 2021 we had another control, Stefan Wellinghaus confirmed that we have no bedbugs anymore.
Following protective measures need to be complied nevertheless, because we don’t want bedbugs again and for sure you don’t want them at home:
- The backpacks are stored in a room with 50 degrees overnight. You are not allowed to take them into your room.
- All the textiles you want to bring to the room need to be heated up for one minute in the microwave and need to be free from metal. For your own security pack, the things which can’t be heated up in the microwave into plastic bags (toothbrush, toothpaste, …)
- We provide plastic boxes for storing the things you want to take into the room. Preferably leave them closed in the room.
- In the morning before your departure heat up the textiles in the microwave again for your own security.
Please help us to stop the distribution of the bedbug.
We do have showers. Please mention that our water is precious we need to pump it 600 meters up from the vale and heat it up with a wood stove. 20 seconds of water cost 1€ and you need 1€ coins.
Around the hut we have a garden hose where you can hose yourself with cold mountain water.
Please use our water economically.
Dinner is at 6:30 pm. The whole beef we serve is from the own farm.
Breakfast is from 7 am to 8:30 am.
We wish you a beautiful climb up and an unforgettable stay at the Gruttenhütte.
Alpine club coronavirus:
Claudia Stausberg & Werner Rainer